Scott and I were invited to a cheesy Christmas sweater party last night….we have no Christmas sweaters and Goodwill was sold plum out. I had to make up for our lack of fashion by bringing an amazing snack. I’m pretty good at making boxed cakes so that was a start. But who brings plain cupcakes to a Christmas party??? I saw the Rudolf/reindeer cupcakes and decided I’d give it a try.
I had all of the ingredients. Except, where do you find white m&m’s in your everyday grocery store??? Therefore, I decided I’d whip up some white icing to make the sclera (white of the eyeballs). BAD IDEA!! The icing moved all over top of the chocolate frosting and made it look kinda messy. Also, I put my pretzels in the sides of the cupcakes to protect them from the aluminum foil.
Enough stalling, here are mine…
They are okay……maybe??? There weren’t any specific instructions on how to assemble the cupcake. So here are mine…
1. Frost the cupcakes.
2. Rest the pretzels in or on top of the cupcake at around 10 and 2:00.
3. Place the vanilla wafer at the bottom of the cupcake.
4. FIND SOMEWHERE that sells white m&m’s to use for the eyes!!!!!
5. Dot the m&m eyes with chocolate icing.
6. Dot the vanilla wafer with chocolate icing to help the red/brown m&m nose to stick.
I will probably make these cupcakes again; however, I will find the white m&m’s and allow myself more time to assemble everything together. These will be treasures for years to come!